Hey World,
Dee here.
I'm not sure why I'm addressing you with a capital W. I suppose that's my name for you as a collective thing. Then again, I've never been much good at naming things. (Evidence can be found by examining a multitude of platforms: previous blog posts, in which I refer to my neighbors as human prunes, quick notes taken in class, old teen-angsty stories I used to write - yes, maybe someday I'll dig those back up for this blog, and my organic chemistry test. For real, hepta-bromyl-deca-what?)
How have you been, World? I hope you're flourishing and everything is delightful for you. I'd say "I hope you're doing better than me" or "I hope you're doing just as well as I am", but truth is, I don't really know how I'm doing. I'm a bit of a mess. I just woke up from a thirty minute nap (7:30-8:00pm), I should be doing my five pages of calculus questions right now and reading my 68 pages of French or at least working on an English seminar, but I'm not, for some reason. I'm here talking to you.
I'd like to think that somebody is reading my words and processing them and experiencing a reaction of some sort. (Hey, Jess!) But regardless of whether one person comes across this post or twenty, or maybe even twenty thousand (wouldn't that boost the blog count!), it comforts me to think that my communication and thoughts and ideas and feelings are valid. As they should be, as they are - as they will always be. Which brings me to an important point I've wanted to make for a while.
You are valid. The work you do is valid. Your accomplishments are valid. Your failures, too. All of it. All valid. Nobody aside from yourself can tell you "you do not do things X, Y, Z" or "you do not deserve successes X, Y, Z". They say pride is a sin. (They also say ripped jeans are a no-no. I'm going to go out on a limb here and take their advice with a grain of salt.) When you accomplish something, be proud of it. Do not let anybody bring you down for it or belittle your success. When you do something, stand straight and say that you did. Do not let somebody tell you what you did or did not do, nor what you can and cannot do. Do not let anybody dictate who you are or how you feel - those thins should be determined by your own choosing, and your own choosing alone.
I really want to carry on and say some more stuff, but I've been dreaming of a 10:00pm bedtime for a whole month now, and, well... that work isn't going to get itself done.
Stay cool, gal pals. (Dudes are welcome too. And so is anybody who doesn't abide by either of the two aforementioned genders - we welcome everyone. I just like the sound of "gal pal".)
One last additional PSA: Jess and I have had a bit of a whirlwind semester, but we're gradually getting back onto this blog. Stay tuned, y'all!
